Physician Assistant Programs in Wisconsin
There are currently 3 accredited physician assistant programs in Wisconsin, which enable graduates to earn a median salary of $89,990, in a feild that is projected to explode as far as employment opportunity goes over the next 10 years. These physician assistant programs in Wisconsin are accredited by the Accreditation Review Commission on Education for the Physician Assistant (ARC-PA) and will allow you to take the Physician Assistant National Certifying Exam (PANCE) upon completion of the PA program.
The 3 Accredited Physician Assistant Programs in Wisconsin
As far as these Wisconsin PA programs go, there are certain requirements that aspiring students must meet in order to get accepted. Below are the accredited physician assistant porgrams in Wisconsin as well as the requirements for each program.
Marquette University Physician Assistant Program – They have both an undergraduate program as well as a graduate program. Requirements for the first Wisconsin PA graduate program for the consist of:
- A bachelors degree completed with a 3.0 GPA.
- Offical GRE scores in which are completed before their dealine of August 1st.
- Prerequisite course work the was completed in the last 5 years and consists of courses in; 2 semesters of General Chemistry, 2 semesters of Biological Sciences, 1 semester of General Psychology, one semester of either Organic Chemistry or Biochemistry as well as a semester of Statistics.
- At least 200 hours of direct hands on patient experience.
- Letters of recommendation from 3 different sources, from individuals that know you personally, academically as well as someone who is familiar with your work ethic.
- Applicants need to shoe competency in various technical skill skills that include; communication, motor skills, observation, behavioral and social attributes, intellectual-conceptual, integrative and quantitative skills.
- Certain immunizations.
University of Wisconsin – Madison PA Program – Next on the list of physician assistant programs in Wisconsin is the University of Wisconsin – Madison PA school, and provides the option of either full year schooling which awards a degree in 2 years, or a distance learning program that lasts 3 years. Students must fulfill the following in order to be considered for acceptance:
- A Bachelors Degree completed with a cumulative 3.0 GPA that comes from an accredited school or university.
- Prerequisite courses in; Statistics, Microbiology, Psychology, either Zoology or Mammalian Biology including a Lab, Anatomy & Physiology and either Human Biochemistry or Biomolecular Chemistry.
- Three letters of reference.
- Healthcare experience that includes either volunteer work or actual work, although volunteer direct patient work is favored over paid work experience.
University of Wisconsin – Lacrosse PA Program – The requirements for the last physician assistant program in Wisconsin are as follows:
- A bachelors degree which was completed with at least a 3.0 GPA as well as all science courses must be completed with a 3.0.
- Prerequisite coures in the following classes; Organic Chemistry, Biochemistry, General Chemistry, Human Anatomy, Microbiology, Human Physiology, Upper Division Biology that is Health Related, Statitics, Precalculus and Psychology.
- Completion of a CASPA application for acceptance.
- Official Graduation Record Exam (GRE) scores in which the test was completed during the last 5 years before applying.
- Direct patient care experience is not required but it is expected and highly suggested.
- Need to be able to perform to certain standards for their “technical standards” which include; communication, motor skills, observation, behavioral and social attributes, intellectual-conceptual, integrative and quantitative abilities.