If you are looking for physician assistant programs in Washington, there is one accredited program, which has been given accreditation status by the likes of the Accreditation Review Commission on Education for the Physician Assistant (ARC-PA) which is a must have if you intend on completing the Physician Assistant National Certification Exam (PANCE). Once you have completed this Washington PA program as well as pass the PANCE, you will be a PA-C, or Physician Assistant Certified, which you will be able to practice anywhere in the state of Washington, as well as be earning a great salary which the profession itself currently has a median annual salary that is over 93,000 dollars. Your salary can also be increased by things like bonuses and profit sharing, as well as often times comes with great benefits which can include; 401K, retirement bonuses, vision and dental among others. There is really no better time to be getting your PA certification as the profession is going to experience huge growths in employment in the next decade, according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics.
The Accredited Physician Assistant Program In Washington
In order to be considered for an interview with this physician assistant program in Washington, you must meet certain requirements that are set by the program. Below is the program as well as the requirements that one needs to fulfill to be accepted.
This Washington PA Program offers both Masters Degrees as well as Bachelors Degree in Physician Assistant Studies. The Masters prerequisite requirements are as follows:
- A minimum of 4000 hours or 2 years of clinical experience. This experience must be both full time and paid.
- Completion of at least a Bachelors Degree, which individuals attained at least a 3.0 in the last 2 years of schooling.
- 15 or more credits in “medically related sciences”, which can include classes like microbiology, chemistry or biology among others, which these 15 units need to be completed with a grade of a B- or higher.
- 6 or more credits in Anatomy & Physiology courses, which must be completed with a B- or better.
- Official Graduation Record Examination (GRE) scores, which the test was take in within the last 5 years.
- A minimum of 4000 hours of clinical experience.
- A minimum of 6 credits in Human Anatomy & Physiology courses which are completed with a grade of a B- or better. They also prefer that these course be completed during the last 10 years.
- At leat 2 different Enlish classes that are 100 level or higher, with one of them being a composition class, and need to be passed with a B- or better.
As for the patient care experience, jobs that qualify can consist of some of the following; paramedic, corposman, LPN, RN among others. Although it is stated that this physician assistant programs requires a mimimum of 4000 hours of “patient care experience”, they recommend that this experience be “direct patient care experience”.