If you are looking for physician assistant programs in Massachusetts, that means you are looking at possibly going into schooling for a profession that one, pays an annual salary of $89,990 and a lot higher for the PA specialties, a well as has a projected growth in employment of 39 percent over the 10 year period of 2008 to 2018. As far as PA programs in Massachusetts go, there are 3 accredited schools, those that are given accrediation status by the Accreditation Review Commission on Education for the Physician Assistant, which is one of the requirements you must fulfill if you ever intend on taking the Physician Assistant National Certifying Exam (PANCE). It should be known that you must meet certain requirements in order to be accepted into these physician assistant programs in Massachusetts, those of which are included underneath each accredited school below.
The 3 Accredited Physician Assistant Programs In Massachusetts
Springfeild College Physician Assistant Program – This physician assistant program in Massachusetts has both a 27-degree masters program as well as their “5-year plan” which allows one to complete both bachelors degree in health sciences as well as completes their PA program. The following requirements for this Massachusetts PA program are:
- A minimum of 220 hours of direct patient care experience.
- A Bachelors Degree that was awarded from an accredited school.
- A cumulative GPA of 3.0 as well as a cumulative GPA of 3.0 as well.
- Completion of prerequisite courses that include; Biology, Algebra and General Chemistry. Also completing the following prerequisite courses within the last 7 years; Organic Chemistry, Microbiology, Biochemistry, Statistics, Human Anatomy & Physiology.
Massachusetts College of Pharmacy and Science Physician Assistant Studies – Next on the list of physician assistant programs in Massachusetts is the Massachusetts College PA program which lasts for 30 months and starts in the Fall. The requirements for this school are:
- A Bachelors Degree completed with a 3.0 GPA.
- Anywhere from 250 to 500 hours of direct hands on patient care experience is recommended but not necessary for being accepted.
- Submission of an application through Central Application Services for the Physician Assistant (CASPA).
- Completion of a Supplemental Application.
- Prerequisite courses that include; Statistics, Biochemistry, Psychology, Microbiology with a Lab, General Chemistry 1 as well as 2 which need to come with a Lab, General Biology 1 & 2 with 2 having a Lab, Human Physiolog 1 and 2. All prerequisite courses must be passed with a grade of C or better.
- Showing the ability to pass their technical skills portion which includes; communication, motor skills, intellectual, oservation, behavioral and social attributes.
Northeastern University Physician Assistant Program – As far as the requirments go for our last physician assistant program in Massachusetts, one must complete the following:
- A Bachelors Degree completed with an overall as well as science GPA of 3.0, which needs to be verified through your CAPSA application.
- They state that the “strongest preference” will be awarded to those who have 2000 or more hands on clincal training experience hours.
- Proof of immunizations.
- Background check.
- Supplemental Application submission.
- Prerequisite course completion of the following classes; Statistics, 2 semesters of Chemistry one which needs to have a Lab, 2 semesters of biology lecture which also needs to have on with a Lab, Anatomy & Physiology.