Physician Assistant Programs In Kentucky
It is a great time to be looking for physician assistant programs in Kentucky as the PA profession exploding when it comes to demand and job opportunity. This job opportunity also consists of an excellent salary, which the median salary for physician assistants is above $90,000 per year, which is attainable after one has completed one of the accredited PA programs that are accredited by the Accreditation Review Commission on Education for the Physician Assistant (ARC-PA). After completing your degree at one of the accredited physician assistant programs in Kentucky, you will have the credentials needed to take the Physician Assistant National Certifying Exam (Pance) and be able to start applying for jobs after you pass the test. Below are the accredited physician assistant schools in Kentucky as well as all their admission requirements.
All The Accredited Physician Assistant Programs In Kentucky
University of Kentucky Physician Assistant Studies – This physician assistant program in Kentucky offers a class for up to 40 students a year, and demand the following requirements for eligibility:
- Completion of the Graduation Record Exam (GRE) which you completed it in the last 5 years and attained a minimum score of 900 when your Verbal and Quantitative are added up.
- Have a Bachelors degree in which your education came from a school that is accredited and where you attained a minimum of a 3.0 GPA in your studies. Certain requirements need to be proved by those who do not have a 3.0, those of which include a great score on the GRE, a minimum of 20 hours in the form of graduate level schooling hours with a great GPA as well as very positive clinical experience among others.
- At least 1000 hours of clinical experience which needs to be direct care, in which a minimum of 50 hours of the work was involved in PA shadowing.
- Prerequisite courses that include; General and Orangic Chemistry both with a Lab, Psychology, Statistics, Medical Terminology, Developmental Psychology, General Animal Biology with a Lab, Human Anatomy 1 & 2, Human Physiology 1 & 2 as well as either Sociology or Microbiology.
- A Basic Life Support (BLS) certification.
- Essay for admission.
- The ability to comply with both this Kentucky physician assistant programs technical standards.
University Of The Cumberlands – Last on the list of physician assistant programs in Kentucky demands admission requirements out of their applicants that consist of:
- A Bachelors degree in which a minimum of a 3.0 was attained in which education came from an accredited school.
- Prerequisite course completion in which a minimum of a cumulative GPA of a 3.0 was attained as well as no grade lower than a C. The prerequisite courses consist of
- A minimum of 100 hours of direct patient care experience which the suggest that shadowing a PA should be done during this time.
- A personal interest admission essay.
- Completion of the Graduation Record Exam (GRE) in which the test was done in the last 5 years.
- Shoeing complience to thier technical standards.
- The first 3 years of ones Bachelor of Health Sciences is demanded to be done at through UC campus.
- Be fluent in English is it is your second language, which is also needed to be documented through taking the TOEFL or you must pass a Second Language course in order to be admitted into this PA program in Kentucky.